Sunday, May 25, 2008

Electricity Consumption

Ok, I got my electricity bill today, and decided to follow through and figure out my average consumption. Over the past 10 months, I've used up 292 KWH/month. The most I ever used was the first month (445) and the least was last month (221) although there have been significant variations month to month, and last month I was only charged for 27 days, as the power company decided to move the "end of month" date from the 18th to the 15th for no apparent reason.

So, my goal is to reduce my consumption by 20%, which means 59 KWH. The goal is to average 235 KWH per month. This is going to be very hard, because the reason my bill was highest in the first month was because my air conditioner was running, and it's currently 33 degrees out, and the air conditioner is almost a requirement. So we'll see how well I do.

No comments: